Advantages and disadvantages of gel batteries
Overview of gel batteries
Colloidal lead-acid battery is an improvement of the ordinary liquid electrolyte lead-acid battery. The colloidal electrolyte is used to replace sulfuric acid electrolyte, which has improved the safety, storage capacity, discharge performance and service life than the ordinary battery.
Colloidal lead-acid batteries use a gel electrolyte that contains no free liquid. Under the same volume, the electrolyte capacity is large, the heat capacity is large, the heat dissipation capacity is strong, can avoid the general battery easy thermal runaway phenomenon; The electrolyte concentration is low, and the corrosion effect on the electrode plate is weak. Uniform concentration, no electrolyte stratification.
First, the advantages of gel batteries
1. High quality and long service life. Colloidal solid electrolyte can form a solid protective layer on the electrode plate, prevent the electrode plate from being corroded, reduce the electrode plate bending phenomenon and electrode short circuit when the battery is used under heavy load, and better prevent the active material of the electrode plate from softening and falling off. With good physical and chemical protection, the service life is 1.5 ~ 2 times longer than the traditional lead-acid battery national testing standard. Colloidal electrolyte has scientific specific gravity, not easy to cause plate vulcanization. Under normal use, the number of cycles is more than 550 times.
2. Safe use, conducive to environmental protection. No acid mist gas precipitation, electrolyte overflow, no combustion, no explosion, no corrosion of the body, no pollution. Because the electrolyte is solid, the battery can still be used normally without liquid sulfuric acid flowing out even if the shell is accidentally broken during use.
3. High efficiency and good performance. Colloidal battery self-discharge is small, conducive to long-term storage; The deep discharge performance is high, which is beneficial to improve the utilization rate of active substance and discharge capacity. Deep discharge and over discharge recovery ability is strong, charge acceptance capacity exceeds the national standard by more than 50%.
4. Easy to use, no frequent maintenance. Product surface clean without dirt; One-time electrolyte infusion, never containing acidic solution, can save a lot of energy and maintenance costs.
5. Less water loss. The oxygen cycle design is convenient for oxygen diffusion, so that the precipitated oxygen can react with the negative material again, so that less gas is precipitated and less water is lost in the process of charge and discharge.
6. Long shelving time. It has a good ability to resist plate sulfation and reduce the corrosion of grid plate, and has a long storage life.
7. Less self-discharge. It can hinder the diffusion of water produced during cathodic reduction and inhibit the spontaneous reduction reaction of PbO, so self-discharge is less.
8. Low temperature startup performance is good. Because sulfuric acid electrolyte exists in colloid, although the internal resistance is slightly larger, but colloid electrolyte internal resistance at low temperature changes little, so its low temperature start-up performance is good.
9. High charging efficiency. Special charging methods can fully activate the active substance and increase the battery capacity.
10. Wide use environment (temperature), especially suitable for cold weather in northeast China. The colloidal battery can be used normally within the temperature difference range of -40 ~ 65, which effectively solves the problem that the traditional lead-acid battery is difficult to start in the cold areas of northern China and other high temperature areas.
Two, the shortcomings of colloidal battery
1. The colloidal particles from the early exhaust belt are acid containing, colloidal particles are easy to stick to the battery shell, so there will be users to report battery acid leakage.
2. Although the oxygen cycle inhibits water loss, the excellent oxygen cycle will also generate heat, so that the internal temperature of the battery increases, and the colloidal battery appears thermal runaway phenomenon.